Today I will explain how to Transfer NCLEX-RN Test Results from Illinois to Ontario.
If you have passed US NCLEX-RN Exam after 1 April 2013, you don’t need to repeat it to become a Registered Nurse in Ontario, Canada. Fortunately, Fortunately, the College of Nurses Ontario(CNO), the Nursing Registration Board in Ontario, started to accept US National Council Licensure Examination (US NCLEX-RN) results from the USA. Since it is easy to get eligibility for NCLEX-RN Exam in Illinois, many IENs are getting NCLEX-RN Exam eligibility from the USA and transferring it to Ontario.
- What is the Supervised Practice Experience Partnership Program?
- Check Your Illinois NCLEX-RN Result for Free Online: A Step-by-Step Guide
- CNO May Change Educational Requirements soon for RNs and RPNs
Benefits of Writing the NCLEX-RN Exam in Illinois
- The time taken to get eligibility in the Illinois Board of Nursing is significantly less compared to the time taken to get eligibility in the CNO. Typically, it takes about 45-60 days to qualify for the Illinois Board of Nursing. On the other hand, depending on your competency assessment report, it takes around 6-12 months to get eligibility for the CNO.
- Your education requirement will also be met once you successfully transfer the Exam Result to the CNO. So you don’t need to spend 1000s of dollars to attend Canadian nursing schools or do any Professional Development courses.
Transfer NCLEX-RN Test Results from Illinois to Ontario
Now let us check how to transfer the NCLEX-RN Test Results from Illinois to Ontario. Once you got the unofficial NCLEX-Results(typically you can get it after 48 hours after the exam), you can go to the “Verification of Certificate” at Continental Testing Service website and request to transfer the result.
NB: You don’t need to wait to get official exam result to transfer your exam results to the CNO.
Please complete the online application form and submit a payment of $20 USD using a Visa or Mastercard credit card. Ensure that you accurately fill in all your details to prevent any delays. Typically, it takes approximately 3-5 days for the results to be transferred to the CNO. However, in certain cases, it may take up to 4-6 weeks for the results to be transferred. Additionally, you will receive a confirmation email from Continental Testing Services Inc.
Once CNO receives your test result, it may take up to 3 days to 8 weeks to verify your documents. Usually, it takes less time, and in my case, it took only four working days to change my application status. Once they successfully verify your test results, the Registration Exam and Nursing Education requirements will meet. If all your other requirements are met, you can expect that most awaited magical email from the CNO for the final registration.
If Language Proficiency and Evidence of Practice are pending, you can consider the Supervised Practice Experience Partnership(SPEP) to meet those requirements.
I hope this article on how to Transfer NCLEX-RN Test Results from Illinois to Ontario was helpful. If you have any queries or doubts, please contact us.
1. When I can request to transfer my NCLEX-RN Results to CNO?
As soon as you get the unofficial exam results, you can request to transfer the NCLEX-RN exam results to CNO.
2. Do I need to wait for the official NCLEX-RN Results to request the transfer to CNO?
No. You don’t need to wait for the exam results to transfer the results to the CNO. As soon as you get the unofficial exam results, you can go to the “Verification of Certificate“ and request certificate verification.
3. How long does it take to transfer the NCLEX-RN Exam results to CNO from Continental Testing Services?
The transfer of NCLEX-RN Exam results from Continental Testing Services to the CNO typically takes around 3-5 days. However, in some cases, it may take up to 4-6 weeks for the results to be transferred.
4. Do I need to send email to Continental Testing Services to transfer my exam results?
No. Now don’t need to send any email to the Continental Testing Services to transfer your results. It was an old method. Now you can made your request online at Continental Testing Services website.
5. Is it free to transfer Illinois NCLEX Result to the CNO?
No. Now it is not free. Now you have to pay 20 USD to transfer your NCLEX results to CNO or any other judiciary.
Angelina is an experienced nurse with a passion for blogging. With more than 14+ years of experience in healthcare, Angelina uses her knowledge to write compelling posts and stories about her profession. Follow Angelina on her journey as she shares her knowledge of nursing through her blog.